With increasing threats becoming more prevalent and rising exponentially in every organization, the requirement for ethical hackers is high in demand. Compared to the previous year, the demand for ethical hackers has increased by 6% as the risk of a cyberattack is expanding significantly. According to the survey, there are more than 3000+ job vacancies posted in the job portal, and this count may vary depending on locations. Many top organizations seek skilled professionals; if you choose the cybersecurity field, you have plenty of job opportunities. Moreover, Ethical hacker salary in India ranges from 3.0 to 3.5 lakhs per year.
If you want to become an ethical hacker, join Ethical Hacking Course in Chennai and learn the core concepts of hacking, types of Footprinting, Footprinting Tools and Countermeasures and enumeration Techniques.
So, if you are freshers heading to begin your career in the IT sector, then choosing ethical hacking fields will never put your future down.
In this blog, we shall discuss ethical hacker salary in India, how to become ethical hackers and the skills required to become an ethical hacker.
Why are Ethical Hackers in Demand?
Ethical hacking is a prominent job role among various demanding job vacancies in the IT sector. So, a tremendous need for skilled professionals is required. To justify this statement, one such incident was when 153 million of Adobe's users were affected by a significant cyberattack. Although the number of victims is unknown, Adobe claimed that the hackers gained access to roughly 3 million secured client payment card numbers and login information.
So, it can happen to any organization, from small to large companies like Adobe, Facebook, Instagram, etc. Moreover, it can happen to individuals.
If you want to have an in-depth understanding of cybersecurity, you can join Cyber Security Course in Chennai and learn the maintenance of firewall operations, understand Operating Systems and Virtual Machines, Network Security Control and Coding.
Facts for why Ethical Hackers are in demand
- Globally there are more than 4.5 million job vacancies unfilled.
- According to the report by MIT, the qualified and skilled ethical hacking professionals are one out of four.
- Now, IT companies require skilled professionals to protect their data, applications, devices, infrastructure and secure information.
- The global unemployment rate in cybersecurity is 0%.
- One hundred per cent of significant businesses will offer CISO positions for hire by 2021.
- Ethical hacker salary in India ranges from 3 to 4 lakhs per year.
Ethical hacking, which also has a lucrative income, is one of the highly sought-after professions in cyber security due to the intense competition among cyber skills. So, if you want to head your career in cybersecurity, you can join Cyber Security Course In Bangalore and learn the features of cybersecurity.
Ethical Hacker Salary in India
You would have understood the ethical hacking salary in India from the above bar diagram. The range of compensation of hacker salary in India that we mentioned may differ based on your skills, qualification, and experience.
Who is an Ethical Hacker?
Ethical hackers are professionals who have excellent technical and non-technical skills to identify and fix vulnerabilities in the system and network. The organization hires ethical hackers who have the authority to exploit and breach the system; on the other hand, black hat hackers utilize the same tools and techniques to breach the system, but they have no authority to exploit the system or network.
The ethical hacker must abide by any guidelines established by the administrators of the system or network and all legal requirements. The primary goal of white hackers is to evaluate a company's or organization's security infrastructure. In the formal security sector, a cyber security expert is a more usual term for an ethical hacker.
Types of Hacking
Hacking can be an activity that takes place to protect the system or network. Hackers are individuals who obtain and gather information and knowledge of data to protect the system from malicious hackers.
Phishing is the type of hacking; in this type of hacking, hackers hack the system to steal crucial data like user account, password, name, credit card details, etc.
In this type of hacking, hackers insert the virus into the other system or website. The primary purpose of this hacking is to deteriorate the data or resources on the website.
In this type of hacking, hackers build a fake network, and malicious hackers' tactics are used to get a person to click something.
The session hijacking tactic called "pass-the-cookie assault" or "cookie theft" gives hackers credentials to access by using session cookies that are saved in the browser.
In this type of hacking, hackers aim to hack the website and focus on pushing it down. So, the user who visits their website cannot have access to and service.
This type of hacking will occur through the cache of an internet website or a domain that the user may have forgotten about. The data is subsequently sent to a specific malicious website.
In this type of hacking, hackers send urgent messages to send confidential details like personal information, etc. Moreover, it looks trustworthy.
Cyber-criminals will use hardware to sneak malware onto your pc. you will have detected infected USB sticks which can offer hackers remote access to your device as presently as they are blocked into your pc.
Hackers will get your credentials through the style of mean; however, ordinarily, they're doing this through a follower known as key-logging.
Types of Hackers
- Black Hats Hackers
- White Hats Hackers
- Grey Hats Hackers
- Blue Hats Hackers
- Suicide Hackers
- Script Kiddies Hackers
- Red Hat Hackers
- State/Nation Sponsored Hackers
Career Path for an Ethical Hacker
Ethical Hacker, Network Security Engineer, Network Security Specialists, System Administrator, System security architect, Security manager, Security Analysts, Systems Auditors, Security Architect, Application pentester, Computer Forensics Engineer, Information Security officers, Penetration Tester, and IT Security Specialists.
Moreover, you have plenty of job opportunities to choose from. The above job roles are based on the experience and certification you obtain.
Types of Ethical Hacking Tools
Certification path of ethical hackers
- Certified Ethical Hacker
- Global Information Assurance Certification Penetration Tester
- Offensive Security Certified Professional
- GIAC Penetration Tester
- Control Objectives for Information and Related Technologies
- Foundstone Ultimate Hacking
- Certified Information Security Manager
- Certified Penetration Testing Engineer
- Control Objectives for Information and Related Technologies
- CHFI-Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator Certification
These are the most sought-after certification paths of ethical hackers. So, freshers or professionals who intend to head their career in IT sectors can take these courses. So, hacker salary in India ranges from 3- 4 lakh per year for candidates with the certificate.
Now, we shall look at roles and responsibilities, ethical hacker fresher salary, skills required to become an ethical hacker and the roadmap to becoming an ethical hacker.
Roles and responsibility of ethical hackers:
- Keep track of the Vulnerabilities in systems and networks and protect them from malicious hackers.
- Strong the security of the system and data
- Execute Penetration Testing and Vulnerability Assessment (VAPT)
- Detect the security defects and the spots that require high-level protection
- Avoid the intrusion prevention system (IPS) and intrusion detection system (IDS)
- Utilize techniques like network scanning, social engineering, secure encryption breaking, etc., to find potential weaknesses.
- monitor the system or network through the dark web and OST
- Create a unique strategy to mitigate the exposures and perils
- Develop security policies for the organization's growth and make sure that the policies are implemented perfectly
- Keep on monitoring the system and network and fix the bugs.
- Create new strategies and methodologies and mitigate all potential threats
- Keep systems updated and install the latest vendor patches and service packs.
What many roles can an ethical hacker with less experience obtain?
There are myriad ways you can take on when you first start, but the one that will demand the most of you is general IT skills and knowledge. Once you have mastered the theoretical components, you may put them into practice to learn how to put knowledge into practice. The following are some possible jobs:
- Vulnerability Analyst
- Database administrator
- Security administrator
Moreover, the job role for freshers might change based on the certification. So, if you are fresher, you can take the ethical hacking course and acquire an in-depth understanding of ethical hacking techniques and strategies. If you are a certified candidate, the hacker salary in India ranges from INR 2.5 lacs for freshers!
How to become an Ethical Hacker?
A skilled programmer with computer OS and machine language knowledge is required to become an ethical hacker. The steps to take to become an ethical hacker are listed below:
- As a first step, you should obtain a degree in computer science or a degree related to the IT sector.
- If you have worked as a programmer, then it would be better if you wanted to switch to the hacking career field because you can understand and work efficiently.
- If you want to land your career in a high-paying job, you can take certification courses likeCisco Certified Network Associate or Network security certifications such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional or Transport Information and Control System.
- In the initial stage, work as a System Administrator or Network Engineer till you gain a profound understanding of the networking system.
- If you are an ethical hacker, you must have the ability to think as a Network Security Engineer and how to secure systems and networks.
- Always keep you updated with the latest technology and tools.
- Read books, articles, and blogs and participate in boot camps.
- Learn essential topics such as:
- session hijacking
- distributed denial of service
- Trojan horses
- Cyber Security threats
- viruses and man-in-the-middle attacks
- SQL injection and many more
- If you are an ethical hacker, you must know how to use these methods.
- Master footprinting, reconnaissance, penetration testing, and social engineering
- Obtain your Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) certification!
If you are interested in a cloud security course, Join Cloud Security Online Training which is designed for learners who intend to learn from the comfort of their home. Now, we shall look at location-based, experience-based hacker salary in India
Location-Based Ethical Hacker Salary in India
Experience-Based Ethical Hacker Salary in India
Now, you would have had a profound understanding of the steps to begin your career as an ethical hacker. So, freshers who are interested in starting, following this roadmap would help you land in a lucrative field. So, join Ethical Hacking Course in Bangalore and learnFootPrinting (Reconnaissance-Passive), Enumeration (Reconnaissance - Active), and Network Scanning.
Recent Post: RPA Developer Salary for Freshers